Director of Marketing and Communications
Develop, oversee and execute the communications and marketing plan for Mohawk Valley EDGE (www.mvedge.org) and economic development organizations that EDGE serves. Also, assist in the development and implementation of EDGE’s business attraction strategy. Primary responsibilities include managing the organization’s , public relations, communications, and marketing programs while maintaining and enhancing the image of the Mohawk Valley, Mohawk Valley EDGE, and various economic development organizations served by EDGE.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Support EDGE business attraction, community liaison, and business retention efforts that are part of EDGE outreach and global marketing efforts. Marketing Program also includes strategic partnerships with other regional economic development stakeholders .
- Assist and coordinate with marketing and promotion consultants for the development and implementation of the overall marketing and promotion effort.
- Manage the marketing and communications
- Assist in the writing and submission of grants to various organizations. Writing and/or coordinating the production of written communications materials, including news updates, press releases and other promotional collateral
- Graphic design and production of EDGE marketing collateral including ads, presentations, brochures, and general promotional pieces.
- Act as media spokesman in conjunction with EDGE President – includes developing and managing all media relations.
- Provide staff support to the Mohawk Valley Regional Economic Development Council to help promote implementation of Upstate Revitalization Strategy and potential state funding opportunities that will assist MVREDC in implementation of regional strategy including document writing, and design.
- Interact with government officials at local, state and federal levels.
- Support business development and attraction activities including trade shows, industry events, and targeted outreach.
- Assist in fundraising activities and act as project lead on planning the company’s fundraising events, including the Leading EDGE Awards Luncheon and Site Selectors Guild Advisory Forum.
- Providing staff support to various boards and/or committees that EDGE serves.
- Assist staff in development of materials and communicating of programs, activities and key information including arranging and making presentations to community groups in private and public settings.
- Coordinate community events such as Business After Hours and community
- Development and ongoing support of the organization’s web site and social media platforms (including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress based website, email and mass contact applications).
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- Experience with digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Strong leadership skills.
- An affinity for current digital technologies is essential.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in data software: Microsoft Office Suite (required), Adobe (preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strategic listening skills are necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator – willing to take the initiative.
- Creative innovator with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Active, lifelong learner mentality.
- Ideally a successful candidate should have some relevant marketing communication experience or previous experience shows the use of skills necessary to execute this position successfully. EDGE will count internships and work coop as evidence of relevant work experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter to HR@mvedge.org