Why: The Leading EDGE Awards were instituted in 1998 to recognize companies in the Mohawk Valley who were leaders in their industrial sector and the regional economy.
This year we will pivot and host a week-long virtual celebration to honor those companies and organizations that have gone above and beyond during the COVID-19 pandemic to keep the economy running and make their communities a better place. This will be our 19th Annual Leading EDGE Awards. The goal of the event is to raise $10,000 in new sponsorships and campaign week donations. Half of the money raised during the actual campaign week (not including sponsorships) will be donated to the United Way and Community Foundation’s Mohawk Valley COVID-19 Relief Fund the other half will be used by EDGE to carry on our mission to strengthen existing businesses, attract new industries and talent to the region, and build a vibrant environment for companies and their employees – despite the short-term uncertainty.
When: Week of November 16th
• Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired for their innovative partnership to distribute domestically produced nitrile gloves to address the national shortage of personal protective equipment
• Environmental Composites (ECI) for their alternative manufacturing solution of advanced textiles and filtration products for N95 respirators to quickly increase the domestic production of N95 respirators in the state.
• Greater Utica Chamber for its work with the Take out the Virus, Feed our Frontline Families, Shop Small Business Week campaigns.
• Indium Corporation for its role in establishing the CNY Manufacturers Pledge and keeping our people safe and factories running.
• SUNY Poly CGAM Face Mask Project for producing protective face shields in our Labs in the Center for Global Advanced Manufacturing (CGAM). SUNY Poly students and alumni, faculty, staff, accepted students, FIRST@SUNYPoly teams, and many others have joined in the effort! 3,362 Masks have been distributed to date.
PLATINUM SPONSOR: Bond, Schoeneck & King
GOLD SPONSORS: Adirondack Bank, Bank of Utica, Berkshire Bank, Community Bank, KeyBank, M&T Bank, National Grid, NBT Bank, NYSTEC, Oneida Indian Nation
SILVER SPONSORS: Exyte, First Source Federal Credit Union, Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties, March Associates, The Fountainhead Group
BRONZE SPONSORS: Adjusters International, Assured Information Security, Bergmann, C2C Construction Solutions, Cathedral Corporation, Express Employment Professionals, Gaetano Construction, Gilroy, Kernan and Gilroy, Herkimer College, Masonic Medical Research Institute, Ramboll, Utica College
MEDIA PARTNERS: Townsquare Media and WKTV
What: A week-long celebration of the companies and organizations that have gone above and beyond during the pandemic to keep the economy moving. A virtual fundraising platform will be used to accept online donations, half of the money raised during the actual campaign week (not including sponsorships) will be donated to the United Way and Community Foundation’s Mohawk Valley COVID-19 Relief Fund.
People and organizations will be able to give a “shout out” to one of the awardees right on the event page for a donation.
Where: This campaign will take place virtually. Each day a different company/organization will be spotlighted by EDGE as well as our media partners on e-blasts/web/social media/radio/tv. We will also drop off a special gift to each of the businesses.
Media Partners: Townsquare Media and WKTV.