Mohawk Valley EDGE Accountant
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports for Mohawk Valley EDGE and affiliated organizations. Responsible for the accuracy, integrity, control and timeliness of financial reports, transactions, systems, and processes.
1. Prepares general ledger, asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
2. Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
3. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing Balance Sheet accounts.
4. Assist in Grant Management including but not limited to analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
5. Maintains financial security by following accounting policies and internal controls.
6. Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
7. Assists in preparing financial statements, which include Balance Sheet and Income Statement. Income Statement is compared to Budget. Fluctuations must be documented.
8. Assist in the preparation and management of the annual budget process.
9. Resolve accounting discrepancies.
10. Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
11. Assist with contract compliance and monitoring.
12. Assist with the financial oversight of real property including associated lease/ contract management.
13. Responsible for processing Accounts Payable
14. Responsible for processing Accounts Receivable when needed.
15. Provides administrative support when necessary.
16. Other projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office including EXCEL, WORD and Outlook.
3. Work may require an occasional weekend and/or evening work.
4. Education: Bachelors (BS) in Accounting or Finance. Professional Experience preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should send resume and references by September 28, 2018 to:
Mohawk Valley EDGE
584 Phoenix Drive
Rome, New York 13441
Mohawk Valley EDGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer